HealthMate Plus Portable Air Cleaner
Change the Way You Breathe for the Better:
The HealthMate Plus builds in an added measure of protection against harmful airborne pollutants. The Activated Carbon/Zeolite layer found in the HealthMate Standard is impregnated with Potassium Iodide with the particular aim to provide relief to those with formaldehyde sensitivities. More generally, this feature further reduces the concentration of chemical vapors in the air you breathe, providing yet another level of potential health benefit to you and your family.
Adding an Austin Air portable air cleaner to your home gives you an effective, flexible means of improving your family's well-being. Designed to cover a wide range of common airborne pollutants, the HealthMate has the capacity to clean indoor areas as large as 1,500 square feet. For an average size room with the door closed, this capacity translates to consuming, cleaning, and recirculating the air in 15 minutes. Austin Air have really done their research, examining thousands of possible sources of risk to discomfort and personal health. Chemicals and allergens found in mold, dust, tobacco smoke, and pet dander, are targeted by a 4-stage filter system that not only delivers proven performance, but also longevity as it's designed to last up to 5 years.
In the days following 9/11, FEMA and The Red Cross turned to Austin Air to address serious air quality concerns, subsequent to extensive testing by Battelle Laboratories and the Army Corps of Engineers.
Austin Air products are manufactured in Buffalo, New York.
Please see the attached forms for information on the costs associated with filter replacement over the course of Austin Air ownership versus other popular manufacturers, as well as a comprehensive guide to the odors, gases, vapors, and fumes removed by Austin Air filters.
• Mold, Mildew, and Fungi
• Asthma triggering irritants
• Germs, Viruses, and Bacteria
• Chemicals, Gases, and Odors
360° Progressive Filtering System:
• Stage 1: Large Particle Pre-Filter removes visible particles such as dust and pet dander
• Stage 2: Medium Particle Pre-Filter removes small particles like mold, spores, and pollen
• Stage 3: 15 lbs. of Activated Carbon/Zeolite Blend impregnated with Potassium Iodide provides enhanced capacity to remove chemicals vapors such as formaldehyde, sulfuric acid, and ammonia
• Stage 4: 60 sq. ft. of true medical-grade HEPA paper (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) removes 99.97% of bacteria, viruses, and other micro-organisms larger than 0.3 microns
What is Zeolite? This nifty sounding substance is used in most of Austin Air's proprietary filters. Zeolite is an adsorbent, part of a family of naturally occurring minerals that can eliminate various chemical substances in solid or vapor form. Also used in water purification systems, (they are very good at removing calcium from water), zeolites are produced synthetically for applications such as these in-home air cleaners, mostly to ensure the purity of the substance.
• Height: 23 inches
• Footprint: 14.5 x 14.5 inches
• Weight: 45 lbs.
• 22 gauge steel
• Powder coated finish
• 360° intake
• Available in 5 colors: Black, Midnight Blue, Sandstone, Silver, and White
Directional Air Flow:
• Direct air into an area where you sit, stand, or sleep to create a clean breathing zone in 15 seconds flat.
Fan & Motor Assembly:
• 3-speed centrifugal fan with control switch
• PSC motor (Permanent Split-Capacitor, alternating current)
• Power rating of 1.2 amp, 120 volts
• Draws 147 watts at highest setting
• Approved by NRTL (National Recognized Testing Laboratories), CSA (Canadian Standards Association), and CE (European Conformity)
• 5-year mechanical warranty on materials and craftsmanship
• 5-year pro-rated filter warranty, far exceeds industry standards
• 30-day, no-questions-asked, money-back guarantee
We offer free shipping on Austin Air air cleaners.